Applied Machine Learning for Healthcare and Life Sciences Using AWS
- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 25, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804610216
- ISBN-13: 978-1804610213
Applied Machine Learning for Healthcare and Life Sciences Using AWS: Build real-world artificial intelligence apps on AWS to overcome challenges faced by healthcare providers and payers, as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences research, and commercial organizations
While machine learning is not new, it’s only now that we are beginning to uncover its true potential in the healthcare and life sciences industry. The availability of real-world datasets and access to better compute resources have helped researchers invent applications that utilize known AI techniques in every segment of this industry, such as providers, payers, drug discovery, and genomics.
This book starts by summarizing the introductory concepts of machine learning and AWS machine learning services. You’ll then go through chapters dedicated to each segment of the healthcare and life sciences industry. Each of these chapters has three key purposes. First, to introduce each segment of the industry, its challenges, and the applications of machine learning relevant to that segment. Second, to help you get to grips with the features of the services available in the AWS machine learning stack like Amazon SageMaker and Amazon Comprehend Medical. Third, to enable you to apply your new skills to create an ML-driven solution to solve problems particular to that segment. The concluding chapters outline future industry trends and applications.
- Explore the healthcare and life sciences industry
- Find out about the key applications of AI in different industry segments
- Apply AI to medical images, clinical notes, and patient data
- Discover security, privacy, fairness, and explainability best practices
- Explore the AWS ML stack and key AI services for the industry
- Develop practical ML skills using code and AWS services
- Discover all about industry regulatory requirements
By the end of this Applied Machine Learning for Healthcare and Life Sciences Using AWS book, you’ll be aware of key challenges faced in applying AI to healthcare and life sciences industry and learn how to address those challenges with confidence.