Advanced Analytics in Power BI with R and Python
- Paperback: 437 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 13, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484258282
- ISBN-13: 978-1484258286
Advanced Analytics in Power BI with R and Python: Ingesting, Transforming, Visualizing: Provides proven recipes for data wrangling with R and Python in Power BI
This easy-to-follow guide provides R and Python recipes to help you learn and apply the top languages in the field of data analytics to your work in Microsoft Power BI. Data analytics expert and author Ryan Wade shows you how to use R and Python to perform tasks that are extremely hard, if not impossible, to do using native Power BI tools. For example, you will learn to score Power BI data using custom data science models and powerful models from Microsoft Cognitive Services.
What You Will Learn
- Create advanced data visualizations via R using the ggplot2 package
- Ingest data using R and Python to overcome some limitations of Power Query
- Apply machine learning models to your data using R and Python without the need of Power BI premium compacity
- Incorporate advanced AI in Power BI without the need of Power BI premium compacity via Microsoft Cognitive Services, IBM Watson Natural Language Understanding, and pre-trained models in SQL Server Machine Learning Services
- Perform advanced string manipulations not otherwise possible in Power BI using R and Python
The R and Python languages are powerful complements to Power BI. They enable advanced data transformation techniques that are difficult to perform in Power BI in its default configuration but become easier by leveraging the capabilities of R and Python. If you are a business analyst, data analyst, or a data scientist who wants to push Power BI and transform it from being just a business intelligence tool into an advanced data analytics tool, then this Advanced Analytics in Power BI with R and Python is the book to help you do that.