A Tinkerer’s Guide to CNC Basics
- Paperback: 164 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 2, 2024)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803247495
- ISBN-13: 978-1803247496
A Tinkerer’s Guide to CNC Basics: Master the fundamentals of CNC machining, G-Code, 2D Laser machining and fabrication techniques. Get started with CNC machining using this hands-on guide that tells you exactly what you need to know without overloading you with useless theory.
Until recently, Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machines belonged to the realm of heavy industry, but as technology becomes cheaper and smaller, these machines now can be used in home workshops. It’s not easy to get started, though, but thanks to this guide, you’ll be ready to take on a variety of projects in no time.
A Tinkerer’s Guide to CNC Basics contains everything you need to get set up at home with computer-controlled machining and fabrication. Sparing you the theory, this project-laden guide helps you learn by doing.
Once you’ve got to grips with the principles of CNC and installed the 3018 Pro CNC machine, you’ll gradually move from simple projects such as basic engraving to more complex milling and machining techniques. You’ll even learn how to upgrade your machine to accomplish more sophisticated designs. The plethora of projects in this book will keep you busy and give you the practice you need to get started with your computerized workshop.
- Configure, calibrate, provision, and test your CNC machine
- Add a laser engraver to your machine for finer precision cutting
- Use the machine to fabricate new components for itself
- Explore the design impacts of carving on a rotary axis
- Adapt other machines for CNC
- Engrave opaque and semi-opaque materials
- Cool your machine with an air assist system
- Design and develop a customized laser mount
By the end of the A Tinkerer’s Guide to CNC Basics book, your computerized home workshop will be one step closer to realization, and your machining skills will be taken to the next level.