A Developer’s Guide to Cloud Apps Using Microsoft Azure
- Paperback: 274 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 17, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804614300
- ISBN-13: 978-1804614303
A Developer’s Guide to Cloud Apps Using Microsoft Azure: Build and deploy modern and secure applications on Microsoft Azure by implementing best practices, patterns, and new technologies with this easy-to-follow guide
Companies face several challenges during cloud adoption, with developers and architects needing to migrate legacy applications and build cloud-oriented applications using Azure-based technologies in different environments. A Developer’s Guide to Cloud Apps Using Microsoft Azure helps you learn how to migrate old apps to Azure using the Cloud Adoption Framework and presents use cases, as well as build market-ready secure and reliable applications.
The book begins by introducing you to the benefits of moving legacy apps to the cloud and modernizing existing ones using a set of new technologies and approaches. You’ll then learn how to use technologies and patterns to build cloud-oriented applications. This app development book takes you on a journey through three major services in Azure, namely Azure Container Registry, Azure Container Instances, and Azure Kubernetes Service, which will help you build and deploy an application based on microservices. Finally, you’ll be able to implement continuous integration and deployment in Azure to fully automate the software delivery process, including the build and release processes.
- Get to grips with new patterns and technologies used for cloud-native applications
- Migrate old applications and databases to Azure with ease
- Work with containers and orchestrators to automate app deployment
- Select the right Azure service for deployment as per the use cases
- Set up CI/CD pipelines to deploy apps and services on Azure DevOps
- Leverage Azure App Service to deploy your first application
- Build a containerized app using Docker and Azure Container Registry
By the end of this A Developer’s Guide to Cloud Apps Using Microsoft Azure book, you’ll be able to perform application migration assessment and planning, select the right Azure services, and create and implement a new cloud-oriented application using Azure containers and orchestrators.