Windows Terminal Tips, Tricks, and Productivity Hacks
- Paperback: 254 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 11, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800207565
- ISBN-13: 978-1800207561
Windows Terminal Tips, Tricks, and Productivity Hacks: Become an efficient command-line expert by harnessing the power of the new Microsoft Windows Terminal, and learn time-saving tricks for PowerShell, WSL2, and more
Windows Terminal is a new and open-source command-line application for Windows 10, built for the Command Prompt, PowerShell, Windows Subsystem for Linux, and more. It’s fast, modern, and configurable thanks to its GPU-accelerated rendering, excellent UTF-8 support, and JSON-based configurability, and this book can help you learn how to leverage these features.
- Install, update, and use Windows Terminal and its preview version
- Customize your Windows Terminal to be both visually appealing and functional
- Enable and effectively use the latest versions of PowerShell Core and Windows Subsystem for Linux
- Install and configure time-saving tools for the command line
- Work efficiently with common developer tools such as Git and SSH
- Build, deploy, and manage apps in the cloud using Windows Terminal
- Use Linux tools from Windows with ease
By the end of this Windows Terminal Tips, Tricks, and Productivity Hacks book, you’ll not only be well-versed with Windows Terminal, but also have learned how to effectively use shells like PowerShell Core and ZSH to become proficient at the command line.