Unreal Engine 5 Game Development with C++ Scripting
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 30, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804613932
- ISBN-13: 978-1804613931
Unreal Engine 5 Game Development with C++ Scripting: Expand your UE5 game development skills by leveraging C++ scripting and improve your game development abilities by building a game from scratch
Unreal Engine is one of the most popular and accessible game engines in the industry, creating multiple job opportunities. Owing to C++ scripting’s high performance, advanced algorithms, and engineering maintenance, it has become the industry standard for developing commercial games. However, C++ scripting can be overwhelming for anyone without a programming background. Unreal Engine 5 Game Development with C++ Scripting will help you master C++ and get a head start on your game development journey.
You’ll start by creating an Unreal Engine C++ project from the shooter template and then move on to building the C++ project and the C++ code inside the Visual Studio editor. You’ll be introduced to the fundamental C++ syntax and essential object-oriented programming concepts. For a holistic understanding of game development, you’ll also uncover various aspects of the game, including character creation, player input and character control, gameplay, collision detection, UI, networking, and packaging a completed multiplayer game.
- Develop coding skills in Microsoft Visual Studio and the Unreal Engine editor
- Discover C++ programming for Unreal Engine C++ scripting
- Understand object-oriented programming concepts and C++-specific syntax
- Explore NPC controls, collisions, interactions, navigation, UI, and the multiplayer mechanism
- Use the predefined Unreal Engine classes and the programming mechanism
- Write code to solve practical problems and accomplish tasks
- Implement solutions and methods used in game development
By the end of this Unreal Engine 5 Game Development with C++ Scripting book, you’ll be well-equipped to create professional, high-quality games using Unreal Engine 5 with C++, and will have built a solid foundation for more advanced C++ programming and game development technologies.