The Successful Software Manager
- Paperback: 442 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 28, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789615534
- ISBN-13: 978-1789615531
The Successful Software Manager: A developer’s guide to successfully managing teams, customers, and software projects
The Successful Software Manager is a comprehensive and practical guide to managing software developers, software customers, and the process of deciding what software needs to be built. It explains in detail how to develop a management mindset, lead a high-performing developer team, and meet all the expectations of a good manager.
The book will help you whether you’ve chosen to pursue a career in management or have been asked to “act up” as a manager. Whether you’re a Development Manager, Product Manager, Team Leader, Solution Architect, or IT Director, this is your indispensable guide to all aspects of running your team and working within an organization and dealing with colleagues, customers, potential customers, and technologists, to ensure you build the product your organization needs.
- Decide if moving to management is right for you
- Develop the skills required for management
- Lead and manage successful software development projects
- Understand the various roles in a technical team and how to manage them
- Motivate and mentor your team
- Deliver successful training and presentations
- Lead the design process with storyboards and personas, and validate your solution
This book is the must-have authoritative guide to managing projects, managing people, and preparing yourself to be an effective manager. The intuitive real-life examples will act as a desk companion for any day-to-day challenge, and beyond that, Herman will show you how to prepare for the next stages and how to achieve career success.