The Ruby Workshop
- Paperback: 544 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 31, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838642366
- ISBN-13: 978-1838642365
The Ruby Workshop: Cut through the noise and get real results with a step-by-step approach to learning Ruby programming
You already know you want to learn Ruby, and the smarter way to learn Ruby 2.X is to learn by doing. The Ruby Workshop focuses on building up your practical skills so that you can kick-start your career as a developer and rapidly prototype applications. You’ll learn from real examples that lead to real results.
Throughout The Ruby Workshop, you’ll take an engaging step-by-step approach to understanding the Ruby language. You won’t have to sit through any unnecessary theory. If you’re short on time you can jump into a single exercise each day or spend an entire weekend learning about metaprogramming. It’s your choice. Learning on your terms, you’ll build up and reinforce key skills in a way that feels rewarding.
Every physical copy of The Ruby Workshop unlocks access to the interactive edition. With videos detailing all exercises and activities, you’ll always have a guided solution. You can also benchmark yourself against assessments, track progress, and receive content updates. You’ll even earn a secure credential that you can share and verify online upon completion. It’s a premium learning experience that’s included with your printed copy. To redeem, follow the instructions located at the start of your Ruby book.
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of Ruby object-oriented programming
- Understand common Ruby patterns to help minimize and easily maintain code
- Explore ways to fetch, process, and output external data
- Discover ways to work with public APIs and create reusable RubyGems
- Keep your development process bug-free with various testing methods
- Explore how to host applications on cloud application platforms like Heroku
Fast-paced and direct, The Ruby Workshop is the ideal companion for Ruby beginners. You’ll build and iterate on your Ruby code like a software developer, learning along the way. This process means that you’ll find that your new skills stick, embedded as best practice. A solid foundation for the years ahead.