The Principles of Beautiful Web Design, 4th Edition
- Paperback: 282 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 4th edition (September 29, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1925836363
- ISBN-13: 978-1925836363
The Principles of Beautiful Web Design, 4th Edition is the ideal book for anyone who wants to design stunning websites that provide a great user experience. Perhaps you’re a developer who wants to understand how to make your applications more visually appealing, or you’re a novice who wants to start on the path to becoming a designer.
This book will teach you how to:
- Understand what makes “good design,” from discovery through to implementation
- Use color effectively, develop color schemes, and create a palette
- Create pleasing layouts using grids, the rule of thirds, and symmetry
- Employ textures: lines, points, shapes, volumes, and depth
- Apply typography to make ordinary designs look great
- Choose, edit, and position effective imagery
This easy-to-follow guide is illustrated with beautiful, full-color examples, and will lead you through the process of creating great designs from start to finish.
SitePoint’s best-selling web design guide has been revised and updated for this The Principles of Beautiful Web Design, 4th Edition, making it the most valuable web design companion around and now features:
- Updated and expanded coverage responsive web design techniques
- A new sample project
- New sections on pattern libraries and how design fits on modern app development workflows
- Common user-interface patterns and resources
Lavishly illustrated with examples, animations and intercative features, The Principles of Beautiful Web Design, 4th Edition is an easy-to-follow guide that will lead you through the process of creating great designs from start to finish. No prior web design experience is required.