The Enterprise Big Data Lake
- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (March 21, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1491931558
- ISBN-13: 978-1491931554
The Enterprise Big Data Lake: Delivering the Promise of Big Data and Data Science
The data lake is a daring new approach for harnessing the power of big data technology and providing convenient self-service capabilities. But is it right for your company? This The Enterprise Big Data Lake: Delivering on the Promise of Hadoop and Data Science in the Enterprise book is based on discussions with practitioners and executives from more than a hundred organizations, ranging from data-driven companies such as Google, LinkedIn, and Facebook, to governments and traditional corporate enterprises. You’ll learn what a data lake is, why enterprises need one, and how to build one successfully with the best practices in this book.
- Get a succinct introduction to data warehousing, big data, and data science
- Learn various paths enterprises take to build a data lake
- Explore how to build a self-service model and best practices for providing analysts access to the data
- Use different methods for architecting your data lake
- Discover ways to implement a data lake from experts in different industries
Alex Gorelik, CTO and founder of Waterline Data, explains why old systems and processes can no longer support data needs in the enterprise. Then, in a collection of essays about data lake implementation, you’ll examine data lake initiatives, analytic projects, experiences, and best practices from data experts working in various industries.