The Complete Kubernetes Guide
- Paperback: 628 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 20, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838647341
- ISBN-13: 978-1838647346
The Complete Kubernetes Guide: Design, deploy, and manage large-scale containers using Kubernetes
If you are running a number of containers and want to be able to automate the way they’re managed, it can be helpful to have Kubernetes at your disposal.
This Learning Path guides you through core Kubernetes constructs, such as pods, services, replica sets, replication controllers, and labels. You’ll get started by learning how to integrate your build pipeline and deployments in a Kubernetes cluster. As you cover more chapters in the Learning Path, you’ll get up to speed with orchestrating updates behind the scenes, avoiding downtime on your cluster, and dealing with underlying cloud provider instability in your cluster. With the help of real-world use cases, you’ll also explore options for network configuration, and understand how to set up, operate, and troubleshoot various Kubernetes networking plugins. In addition to this, you’ll gain insights into custom resource development and utilization in automation and maintenance workflows.
- Download, install, and configure the Kubernetes code base
- Create and configure custom Kubernetes resources
- Use third-party resources in your automation workflows
- Deliver applications as standard packages
- Set up and access monitoring and logging for Kubernetes clusters
- Set up external access to applications running in the cluster
- Manage and scale Kubernetes with hosted platforms on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Run multiple clusters and manage them from a single control plane
By the end of this Learning Path The Complete Kubernetes Guide, you’ll have the expertise you need to progress from an intermediate to an advanced level of understanding Kubernetes.