The Art of Manufacturing
- Paperback: 180 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 10, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804619450
- ISBN-13: 978-1804619452
The Art of Manufacturing: Demystify automation and solve control-related problems with the help of real-world products and case studies put together by two industrial automation experts
Engineering disciplines focus mainly on programming control systems, while the challenges they overcome or their industry applications largely go uncovered, leaving a huge gap between the theory and industry practices. This leads to engineers learning about subjects without actually understanding their purpose and entering the industry needing months of training.
The Art of Manufacturing cuts across pedantic theory and reaches practical applications. You’ll begin your learning journey by starting from the product and moving backward to the manufacturing landscape, factories, machines, and finally to the automation and control challenges faced in manufacturing. The book builds on the authors’ valuable on-field experience, providing a detailed view of the manufacturing of real-world products, while simultaneously providing various analogies and references to daily tasks. As you advance through the chapters, you’ll work on interesting control problems and find out how to overcome them in applications. The concluding chapters offer you a sneak peek into the future of automation and factories.
- Understand the role of machines, factories, and plants in manufacturing a product
- Explore the manufacturing landscape and its continuous evolution
- Use practical applications to mitigate control challenges in manufacturing
- Resolve implementation challenges of various applications in a machine
- Discover how humans and automation work together in factories
- Find out how to solve the same control challenge in different ways
- Discover links between Industry 3.0, Industry 4.0, digitalization, and lean manufacturing
By the end of this The Art of Manufacturing book, you’ll be able to relate a real-world product with an associated control challenge and discover ways to overcome these challenges.