Svelte with Test-Driven Development
- Paperback: 250 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 30, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1837638330
- ISBN-13: 978-1837638338
Svelte with Test-Driven Development: Build robust and performant applications by developing SvelteKit applications using automated testing and TDD techniques, including unit and end-to-end testing, custom matchers, component mocking, and authentication
Svelte is a popular front-end framework used for its focus on performance and user-friendliness, and test-driven development (TDD) is a powerful approach that helps in creating automated tests before writing code. By combining them, you can create efficient, maintainable code for modern applications. Svelte with Test-Driven Development will help you learn effective automated testing practices to build and maintain Svelte applications.
In the first part of the book, you’ll find a guided walkthrough on building a SvelteKit application using the TDD workflow. You’ll uncover the main concepts for writing effective unit test cases and practical advice for developing solid, maintainable test suites that can speed up application development while remaining effective as the application evolves. In the next part of the book, you’ll focus on refactoring and advanced test techniques, such as using component mocks and writing BDD-style tests with the Cucumber.js framework. In the final part of the book, you’ll explore how to test complex application and framework features, including authentication, Svelte stores, and service workers.
- Create clear and concise Vitest unit tests helping the implementation of Svelte components
- Use Playwright and Cucumber.js to develop end-to-end tests that simulate user interactions and test the functionality of your application
- Leverage component mocks to isolate and test individual components
- Write unit tests for a range of Svelte framework features
- Explore effective refactoring techniques to keep your Svelte application code and test suites clean
- Build high-quality Svelte applications that are well-tested, performant, and resilient to changes
By the end of this Svelte with Test-Driven Development book, you’ll be well-equipped to build test-driven Svelte applications by employing theoretical and practical knowledge.