Stephens’ Visual Basic Programming 24-Hour Trainer
- Paperback: 504 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (February 8, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470943351
- ISBN-13: 978-0470943359
Stephens’ Visual Basic Programming 24-Hour Trainer: Unique book-and-DVD package for novice Visual Basic programmers
Start from scratch, and even if you don t know a thing about Visual Basic, you soon will with this thorough introduction to Visual Basic programming. Using easy-to-follow lessons and step-by-step instruction, this practical book teaches you concepts and hands-on techniques, then reinforces your learning with video screencasts and supplemental materials. Follow the exercises, then access the Try It section on the DVD, and watch as well-known VB authority and author Rod Stephens works through programming problems.
- Introduces Visual Basic programming to beginning programmers; no prior experience is necessary
- Covers Visual Basic programming concepts and techniques, as well as the Visual Studio development environment
- Provides a series of easy-to-follow lessons, supplemented by instructional video on DVD
- Offers expert instruction from well-known VB authority and author Rod Stephens, who also provides supplemental instruction on the DVD, where he works through a series of Try It problems and demonstrates effective solutions
Stephens’ Visual Basic Programming 24-Hour Trainer is an exceptional book-and-DVD package that will have you programming in Visual Basic in no time.
From the Back Cover
Learn to program with Visual Basic from an expert
As a well-known authority on Microsoft programming, Rod Stephens has developed a clear and compelling approach to teaching programming languages. With this book-and-video package, he applies his skills by showing you how to use Visual Basic to build robust software applications. Assuming little or no programming experience, the self-paced lessons with step-by-step instructions teach you the concepts and techniques of programming with Visual Basic. The tutorials on the DVD reinforce learning, helping you to quickly master the skills required for effective Visual Basic programming.
Stephens’ Visual Basic Programming 24-Hour Trainer:
- Shows you how to read and write files and interact with databases
- Explains how to write, debug, and run desktop applications that interact with the user and the computer
- Looks at ways to perform calculations, manipulate files and strings, and produce printouts
- Details how to use the Entity Framework to manipulate databases
- Describes Visual Basic’s most useful controls and explains how to add them to forms, set their properties, and interact with them in code
- Shows you how to use LINQ to Objects to perform complex queries of data without a lot of complicated code
WOW! eBook guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think. Written by programmers for programmers, they provide a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
On the DVD
Don’t just learn-do!
The lessons within the book are each accompanied by an instructional demonstration on the DVD-hours of video tutorials!
You’ll learn to:
- Get started with the Visual Studio integrated development environment
- Use variables and perform calculations
- Debug code and reuse code with procedures
- Define class methods and events
- Make menus, tool strips, and status strips
- Create and display new forms
- Build custom dialogs
- Use arrays and collections
- Handle errors and prevent bugs
- Make generic classes
- Use inheritance and polymorphism
About the Author
Rod Stephens is a Microsoft MVP and the author of more than 20 books and 250 articles on Visual Basic, C#, Java, and other programming topics. He is a regular contributor to DevX and the author of the bestselling Visual Basic Programmer’s Reference.
[download id=”342″ format=”1″]
[download id=”343″ format=”2″]
[download id=”344″ format=”2″]
[download id=”345″ format=”2″]
[download id=”346″ format=”2″]