- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 5, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849519048
- ISBN-13: 978-1849519045
- Implement JPA repositories with lesser code
- Includes functional sample projects that demonstrate the described concepts in action and help you start experimenting right away
- Provides step-by-step instructions and a lot of code examples that are easy to follow and help you to get started from page one
Spring Framework has always had a good support for different data access technologies. However, developers had to use technology-specific APIs, which often led to a situation where a lot of boilerplate code had to be written in order to implement even the simplest operations. Spring Data changed all this. Spring Data makes it easier to implement Spring-powered applications that use cloud-based storage services, NoSQL databases, map-reduce frameworks or relational databases.
Spring Data is a practical guide that is full of step-by-step instructions and examples which ensure that you can start using the Java Persistence API and Redis in your applications without extra hassle.
This book provides a brief introduction to the underlying data storage technologies, gives step-by-step instructions that will help you utilize the discussed technologies in your applications, and provides a solid foundation for expanding your knowledge beyond the concepts described in this book.
You will learn an easier way to manage your entities and to create database queries with Spring Data JPA. This book also demonstrates how you can add custom functions to your repositories. You will also learn how to use the Redis key-value store as data storage and to use its other features for enhancing your applications.
Spring Data includes all the practical instructions and examples that provide you with all the information you need to create JPA repositories with Spring Data JPA and to utilize the performance of Redis in your applications by using Spring Data Redis.
What you will learn from this book
- Configure your application by using Java configuration
- Manage the information of your entities through repository interfaces
- Learn efficient and easy ways to create database queries
- Use an easy way to sort and paginate query results
- Customize your JPA repositories with custom functions
- Install Redis to a computer running Unix-like operating system
- Use the Redis key-value store as the data storage for your application
- Utilize the Redis publish/subscribe messaging pattern implementation
This book is a standard tutorial which provides step-by-step instructions and a lot of code examples that are easy to follow and help you to get started from page one.
Who this book is for
This book is suited for developers who are working with Spring-powered applications, and are looking for an easier way to write data access code that uses relational databases. Also, if you are interested in learning how you can utilize Redis in your applications, this is the book for you. This book assumes that you have got some experience with the Spring Framework and the Java Persistence API. No previous experience with Redis is required.