Security in Computing, 6th Edition
- Paperback: 1040 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 6th edition (August 5, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0137891210
- ISBN-13: 978-0137891214
Security in Computing, 6th Edition: The Art of Computer and Information Security: From Apps and Networks to Cloud and Crypto
Security in Computing, Sixth Edition, is today’s essential text for anyone teaching, learning, and practicing cybersecurity. It defines core principles underlying modern security policies, processes, and protection; illustrates them with up-to-date examples; and shows how to apply them in practice. Modular and flexibly organized, this book supports a wide array of courses, strengthens professionals’ knowledge of foundational principles, and imparts a more expansive understanding of modern security.
- Core security concepts: Assets, threats, vulnerabilities, controls, confidentiality, integrity, availability, attackers, and attack types
- The security practitioner’s toolbox: Identification and authentication, access control, and cryptography
- Areas of practice: Securing programs, user–internet interaction, operating systems, networks, data, databases, and cloud computing
- Cross-cutting disciplines: Privacy, management, law, and ethics
- Using cryptography: Formal and mathematical underpinnings, and applications of cryptography
- Emerging topics and risks: AI and adaptive cybersecurity, blockchains and cryptocurrencies, cyberwarfare, and quantum computing
This extensively updated Security in Computing, 6th Edition adds or expands coverage of artificial intelligence and machine learning tools; app and browser security; security by design; securing cloud, IoT, and embedded systems; privacy-enhancing technologies; protecting vulnerable individuals and groups; strengthening security culture; cryptocurrencies and blockchain; cyberwarfare; post-quantum computing; and more. It contains many new diagrams, exercises, sidebars, and examples, and is suitable for use with two leading frameworks: the US NIST National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) and the UK Cyber Security Body of Knowledge (CyBOK).