Search Engine Optimization (SEO): An Hour a Day, 3rd Edition
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (January 11, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780470902592
- ISBN-13: 978-0470902592
The third edition of the bestselling guide to do-it-yourself SEO
Getting seen on the first page of search engine result pages is crucial for businesses and online marketers. Search engine optimization helps improve Web site rankings, and it is often complex and confusing. This task-based, hands-on guide covers the concepts and trends and then lays out a day-by-day strategy for developing, managing, and measuring a successful SEO plan. With tools you can download and case histories to illustrate key points, it’s the perfect solution for busy marketers, business owners, and others whose jobs include improving Web site traffic.
- A successful SEO plan is vital to any business with an online presence
- This book provides strategies for setting goals and gaining corporate support, developing and implementing a plan, and monitoring trends and results
- Offers hints, tips, and techniques for everyone from one-person shops to Fortune 500 companies
- Companion Web site includes downloadable tracking spreadsheets, keyword list templates, templates for checking rank and site indexes, and a calendar with daily SEO tasks that you can import into your own calendar system
Fully updated and expanded, Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day, Third Edition will help you raise your visibility on the Web.
From the Back Cover
The Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Guide to SEO! A Step-by-Step Guide
More timely than ever, this comprehensive, can-do book offers expert advice, practical instructions, and smart tools to help you increase visibility for your website on Google and other major search engines. In this new edition of their bestselling guide, veteran search marketing consultants Jennifer Grappone and Gradiva Couzin give you the very latest SEO and social media strategies and tricks of the trade in a workable, day-by-day plan. Perfect for busy self-starters in organizations large and small, this book will quickly help you increase your visibility and presence on the web.
- Develop and implement an SEO strategy using the winning An Hour a Day approach
- Discover how search engines work now, and make them work for you
- Optimize your site so you can be found, then make the sale
- Use Facebook, Twitter, and other sites on the Social and Mobile Web to put your site in the spotlight
- Find out what “link juice” is, and start making your own
- Get visibility in local, social, shopping, and other featured search results
You’ll also find:
- Essential hints, tips, and techniques for everyone from one-person shops to Fortune 500 companies
- Engaging right-brain vs. left-brain sidebars, where the authors discuss key issues from their unique perspectives
- Real-world “From the Trenches” case studies that illustrate successes to learn from and mistakes to avoid
Search marketing consultants Jennifer Grappone and Gradiva Couzin have improved the Internet presence of Fortune 500 companies and other firms in the media, entertainment, software, retail, and nonprofit industries. Jennifer, a former web project manager and corporate video producer, began focusing exclusively on SEO in 2000. Gradiva, a programmer and civil engineer, has been working in SEO since 1999. Together, they deliver a well-rounded, left-brain/right-brain approach to successful search engine optimization and social marketing.
[download id=”69″ format=”1″]