Sams Teach Yourself HTML and CSS in 24 Hours (Includes New HTML 5 Coverage), 8th Edition
- Paperback: 456 pages
- Publisher: Sams; 8th edition (December 20, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0672330970
- ISBN-13: 978-0672330971
Sams Teach Yourself HTML and CSS in 24 Hours (Includes New HTML 5 Coverage), 8th Edition is a well-organized, clearly written, and generously illustrated tutorial that teaches beginners how to quickly and efficiently create high-quality web pages using the latest HTML and CSS standards.
With a practical focus on the most commonly used components of HTML and CSS, the book’s 24 one-hour lessons carefully guide the reader through each step involved in creating, enhancing, and maintaining web sites of a variety of types and sizes.
The eighth edition of Sams Teach Yourself HTML and CSS in 24 Hours (Includes New HTML 5 Coverage), 8th Edition introduces the emerging HTML 5 specification and includes fresh material and examples that take full advantage of the book’s full-color layout and design.
New To This Edition
Updated by bestselling author Julie Meloni, the eighth edition of Sams Teach Yourself HTML and CSS in 24 Hours (Includes New HTML 5 Coverage) covers the emerging HTML 5 specification and has been thoroughly updated and revised with new material and examples that take full advantage of the book’s new full color layout and design. A new interactive online learning lab has also been added, with video walk-throughs of the book’s examples, interactive online quizzes, and all the example files needed to complete the book’s hands-on exercises.
An online interactive learning lab offers the reader a chance to supplement all 24 lessons with step-by-step video walk-throughs of the examples, interactive online quizzes, and all the source files needed to complete the book’s hands-on exercises.
In just 24 lessons of one hour or less, you can learn how to use HTML and CSS to design, create, and maintain world-class web sites. Using a clear, down-to-earth approach, each lesson builds upon the previous one, allowing even complete beginners to learn the essentials from the ground up.
- Full-color figures and clear step-by-step instructions help you learn quickly.
- Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn.
- Quizzes and Exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills.
Learn how to:
- Build your own web page and get it online in an instant
- Format text for maximum clarity and readability
- Create links to other pages and to other sites
- Add graphics, color, and visual pizazz to your web pages
- Work with transparent images and background graphics
- Design your site’s layout and typography using CSS
- Get user input with web-based forms
- Publicize your site and make it search-engine friendly
- Test a web site for compatibility with different browsers
- Make your site easy to maintain and update as it grows
Free Access to Online Learning Lab
Register your book at informit.com/register for free, exclusive access to the Online Learning Lab to supplement this book’s lessons:
- Video walkthroughs to show you how to complete the step-by-step examples in the book
- Fast and fun online quizzes to test your understanding of each lesson
- Updates or corrections as they become available
Julie C. Meloni
Julie C. Meloni is the technical director for i2i Interactive (http://www.i2ii.com), a multimedia company located in Los Altos, California. She has been developing web-based applications since the Web first saw the light of day and remembers the excitement surrounding the first GUI web browser. She has authored numerous books and articles on web-based programming languages and database topics, and you can find translations of her work in 15 different languages. She is also a fervent blogger and is the author of Sams Teach Yourself Blogging in a Snap. Most days, Julie can be found wandering the halls of Avery Hall on the campus of Washington State University, where she is a Ph.D. student in English who is quite interested in digital/social scholarship in the humanities.
Julie C. Meloni is both the technical director for i2i Interactive, a multimedia company located in Los Altos, CA, and a scholar working in the field of Digital Humanities. She has written several books and articles on Web-based programming languages and database topics, including the bestselling Sams Teach Yourself PHP, MySQL, and Apache All in One.
Michael Morrison is a writer, developer, toy inventor, and author of a variety of computer technology books and interactive web-based courses. In addition to his primary profession as a writer and freelance nerd for hire, Michael is the creative lead at Stalefish Labs, an entertainment company he co-founded with his wife, Masheed.
[download id=”167″ format=”1″]