Salesforce DevOps for Architects
- Paperback: 260 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 31, 2024)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1837636052
- ISBN-13: 978-1837636051
Salesforce DevOps for Architects: Master Salesforce DevOps while exploring deployment, packages, Git workflows, and organizational monitoring using third-party tools such as Salesforce DX, GitHub, Jenkins, Gearset, and Copado
As the Salesforce Platform evolves into an increasingly complex landscape, architects face a growing demand for advanced solutions. The key to successful Salesforce projects lies in effective DevOps practice, and this book helps you achieve just that by offering strategic and practical insights into Salesforce components.
The book starts by cultivating a DevOps mindset, focusing on collaboration, coordination, and communication, and learning how to efficiently demonstrate governance, visibility, and accountability. Building upon this architectural foundation, you’ll delve into tools and techniques to plan your strategy using the capabilities of SFDX. Once you’ve gotten to grips with Salesforce packaging, you’ll learn how to build a CI/CD stack with freely available software and configure it for automated change delivery. You’ll then address the operational concerns of a mature DevOps process as you explore topics such as ticket management, backups, change monitoring, and data seeding-essential for maintaining a clean and healthy Salesforce org. Finally, you’ll learn about the ecosystem of third-party solutions, which provide out-of-the-box capabilities to accelerate your Salesforce DevOps journey.
- Grasp the fundamentals of integrating a DevOps process into Salesforce project delivery
- Master the skill of communicating the benefits of Salesforce DevOps to stakeholders
- Recognize the significance of fostering a DevOps culture and its impact on Salesforce projects
- Understand the role of metrics in DevOps architecture within Salesforce environments
- Gain insights into the components comprising a Salesforce DevOps toolchain
- Discover strategies for maintaining a healthy Salesforce org with a variety of supporting DevOps tools
By the end of this Salesforce DevOps for Architects book, you’ll have demystified Salesforce DevOps, empowering you to deliver Salesforce projects with the expertise of a DevOps professional.