Rust Web Programming, Second Edition
- Paperback: 666 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (January 27, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803234695
- ISBN-13: 978-1803234694
Rust Web Programming, 2nd Edition: Use the Rust programming language to build fully functional web applications with async Rust to amplify security and boost the performance of your programs
Are safety and high performance a big concern for you while developing web applications?
With this practical Rust Web Programming, Second Edition book, you’ll discover how you can implement Rust on the web to achieve the desired performance and security as you learn techniques and tooling to build fully operational web apps.
In this Rust Web Programming, Second Edition, you’ll get hands-on with implementing emerging Rust web frameworks, including Actix, Rocket, and Hyper. It also features HTTPS configuration on AWS when deploying a web application and introduces you to Terraform for automating the building of web infrastructure on AWS. What’s more, this edition also covers advanced async topics. Built on the Tokio async runtime, this explores TCP and framing, implementing async systems with the actor framework, and queuing tasks on Redis to be consumed by a number of worker nodes. Finally, you’ll go over best practices for packaging Rust servers in distroless Rust Docker images with database drivers, so your servers are a total size of 50Mb each.
- Structure and build scalable Rust web apps by creating a basic to-do list web app
- Manage authentication and databases in Rust web applications
- Get to grips with wrapping web applications in distroless
- Understand the building blocks of web development such as HTTPS, TCP, and middleware
- Build app infrastructure on AWS using Terraform with databases, servers, load balancers, HTTPS, and URL routing
- Build end-to-end tests using Postman
- Build async systems implementing the actor model using Tokio
By the end of this Rust Web Programming, 2nd Edition book, you’ll have confidence in your skills to build robust, functional, and scalable web applications from scratch.