ROS Robotics Projects – Second Edition
- Paperback: 456 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 18, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838649328
- ISBN-13: 978-1838649326
ROS Robotics Projects, 2nd Edition: Build exciting robotics projects such as mobile manipulators, self-driving cars, and industrial robots powered by ROS, machine learning, and virtual reality
Nowadays, heavy industrial robots placed in workcells are being replaced by new age robots called cobots, which don’t need workcells. They are used in manufacturing, retail, banks, energy, and healthcare, among other domains. One of the major reasons for this rapid growth in the robotics market is the introduction of an open source robotics framework called the Robot Operating System (ROS).
This book covers projects in the latest ROS distribution, ROS Melodic Morenia with Ubuntu Bionic (18.04). Starting with the fundamentals, this updated edition of ROS Robotics Projects introduces you to ROS-2 and helps you understand how it is different from ROS-1. You’ll be able to model and build an industrial mobile manipulator in ROS and simulate it in Gazebo 9. You’ll then gain insights into handling complex robot applications using state machines and working with multiple robots at a time. This ROS book also introduces you to new and popular hardware such as Nvidia’s Jetson Nano, Asus Tinker Board, and Beaglebone Black, and allows you to explore interfacing with ROS. You’ll learn as you build interesting ROS projects such as self-driving cars, making use of deep learning, reinforcement learning, and other key AI concepts.
- Grasp the basics of ROS and understand ROS applications
- Uncover how ROS-2 is different from ROS-1
- Handle complex robot tasks using state machines
- Communicate with multiple robots and collaborate to build apps with them
- Explore ROS capabilities with the latest embedded boards such as Tinker Board S and Jetson Nano
- Discover how machine learning and deep learning techniques are used with ROS
- Build a self-driving car powered by ROS
- Teleoperate your robot using Leap Motion and a VR headset
By the end of the ROS Robotics Projects, Second Edition book, you’ll have gained the confidence to build interesting and intricate projects with ROS.