Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS – Third Edition
- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 30, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1839211563
- ISBN-13: 978-1839211560
Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS, 3rd Edition: Harness the latest capabilities of HTML5 and CSS3 to create a single UI that works flawlessly on mobile phones, tablets, and desktops – plus everything in-between
This book is a renewed and extended version of one of the most comprehensive and bestselling books on the latest HTML5 and CSS3 tools and techniques for responsive web design.
Written in the author’s signature friendly and informal style, this edition covers all the newest developments and improvements in responsive web design including better user accessibility, variable fonts and font loading, CSS Scroll Snap, and much, much more. With a new chapter dedicated to CSS Grid, you will understand how it differs from the Flexbox layout mechanism and when you should use one over the other.
Furthermore, you will acquire practical knowledge of SVG, writing accessible HTML markup, creating stunning aesthetics and effects with CSS, applying transitions, transformations, and animations, integrating media queries, and more. The book concludes by exploring some exclusive tips and approaches for front-end development from the author.
- Integrate CSS media queries into your designs; apply different styles to different devices
- Load different sets of images depending upon screen size or resolution
- Leverage the speed, semantics, and clean markup of accessible HTML patterns
- Implement SVGs into your designs to provide resolution-independent images
- Apply the latest features of CSS like custom properties, variable fonts, and CSS Grid
- Add validation and interface elements like date and color pickers to HTML forms
- Understand the multitude of ways to enhance interface elements with filters, shadows, animations, and more
By the end of this Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS, Third Edition book, you will not only have a comprehensive understanding of responsive web design and what is possible with the latest HTML5 and CSS3, but also the knowledge of how to best implement each technique.