Reconnaissance for Ethical Hackers
- Paperback: 430 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 4, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1837630631
- ISBN-13: 978-1837630639
Reconnaissance for Ethical Hackers: Use real-world reconnaissance techniques to efficiently gather sensitive information on systems and networks
This book explores reconnaissance techniques – the first step in discovering security vulnerabilities and exposed network infrastructure. It aids ethical hackers in understanding adversaries’ methods of identifying and mapping attack surfaces, such as network entry points, which enables them to exploit the target and steal confidential information.
Reconnaissance for Ethical Hackers helps you get a comprehensive understanding of how threat actors are able to successfully leverage the information collected during the reconnaissance phase to scan and enumerate the network, collect information, and pose various security threats. This book helps you stay one step ahead in knowing how adversaries use tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) to successfully gain information about their targets, while you develop a solid foundation on information gathering strategies as a cybersecurity professional. The concluding chapters will assist you in developing the skills and techniques used by real adversaries to identify vulnerable points of entry into an organization and mitigate reconnaissance-based attacks.
- Understand the tactics, techniques, and procedures of reconnaissance
- Grasp the importance of attack surface management for organizations
- Find out how to conceal your identity online as an ethical hacker
- Explore advanced open source intelligence (OSINT) techniques
- Perform active reconnaissance to discover live hosts and exposed ports
- Use automated tools to perform vulnerability assessments on systems
- Discover how to efficiently perform reconnaissance on web applications
- Implement open source threat detection and monitoring tools
By the end of this Reconnaissance for Ethical Hackers book, you’ll have gained a solid understanding of reconnaissance, as well as learned how to secure yourself and your organization without causing significant disruption.