- Paperback: 474 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 20, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789954932
- ISBN-13: 978-1789954937
React.js Projects: Build cross-platform applications of varying complexity for the web, mobile, and VR devices using React tooling
Developed by Facebook, React is a popular library for building impressive user interfaces. React extends its capabilities to the mobile platform using the React Native framework and integrates with popular web and mobile tools to build scalable applications.
React Projects is your guide to learning React development by using modern development patterns and integrating React with powerful web tools such as GraphQL, Expo, and React 360. You’ll start building a real-world project right from the first chapter and get hands on with developing scalable applications as you advance to building more complex projects. Throughout the book, you’ll use the latest versions of React and React Native to explore features such as Higher Order Components (HOC), Context, and Hooks on multiple platforms, which will help you build full stack web and mobile applications efficiently. Finally, you’ll delve into unit testing with Jest to build test-driven apps.
- Create a wide range of applications using various modern React tools and frameworks
- Discover how React Hooks modernize state management for React apps
- Develop progressive web applications using React components
- Build test-driven React applications using the Jest and Enzyme frameworks
- Understand full stack development using React, Apollo, and GraphQL
- Perform server-side rendering using React and React Router
- Design gestures and animations for a cross-platform game using React Native
By the end of this React Projects book, you’ll have developed the skills necessary to start building scalable React apps across web and mobile platforms.