React and React Native – Third Edition
- Paperback: 526 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 30, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1839211148
- ISBN-13: 978-1839211140
React and React Native, 3rd Edition: Get up to speed with React, React Native, GraphQL and Apollo for building cross-platform native apps with the help of practical examples
React and React Native, Facebook’s innovative User Interface (UI) libraries, are designed to help you build robust cross-platform web and mobile applications. This updated third edition is improved and updated to cover the latest version of React. The React and React Native, Third Edition book particularly focuses on the latest developments in the React ecosystem, such as modern Hook implementations, code splitting using lazy components and Suspense, user interface framework components using Material-UI, and Apollo. In terms of React Native, the book has been updated to version 0.62 and demonstrates how to apply native UI components for your existing mobile apps using NativeBase.
You will begin by learning about the essential building blocks of React components. Next, you’ll progress to working with higher-level functionalities in application development, before putting this knowledge to use by developing user interface components for the web and for native platforms. In the concluding chapters, you’ll learn how to bring your application together with a robust data architecture.
- Delve into the React architecture, component properties, state, and context
- Get to grips with React Hooks for handling functions and components
- Implement code splitting in React using lazy components and Suspense
- Build robust user interfaces for mobile and desktop apps using Material-UI
- Write shared components for Android and iOS mobile apps using React Native
- Simplify layout design for React Native apps using NativeBase
- Write GraphQL schemas to power web and mobile apps
- Implement web and mobile components that are driven by Apollo
By the end of this React and React Native, 3rd Edition book, you’ll be able to build React applications for the web and React Native applications for multiple mobile platforms.