Ransomware and Cyber Extortion: Response and Prevention
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 31, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0137450338
- ISBN-13: 978-0137450336
Ransomware and Cyber Extortion: Response and Prevention: Protect Your Organization from Devastating Ransomware and Cyber Extortion Attacks
Ransomware and other cyber extortion crimes have reached epidemic proportions. The secrecy surrounding them has left many organizations unprepared to respond. Your actions in the minutes, hours, days, and months after an attack may determine whether youll ever recover.
You must be ready. With this Ransomware and Cyber Extortion: Response and Prevention book, you will be.
Ransomware and Cyber Extortion: Response and Prevention is the ultimate practical guide to surviving ransomware, exposure extortion, denial-of-service, and other forms of cyber extortion. Drawing heavily on their own unpublished case library, cyber security experts Sherri Davidoff, Matt Durrin, and Karen Sprenger guide you through responding faster, minimizing damage, investigating more effectively, expediting recovery, and preventing it from happening in the first place. Proven checklists help your security teams act swiftly and effectively together, throughout the entire lifecycle-whatever the attack and whatever the source.
- Understand different forms of cyber extortion and how they evolved
- Quickly recognize indicators of compromise
- Minimize losses with faster triage and containment
- Identify threats, scope attacks, and locate “patient zero”
- Initiate and manage a ransom negotiation-and avoid costly mistakes
- Decide whether to pay, how to perform due diligence, and understand risks
- Know how to pay a ransom demand while avoiding common pitfalls
- Reduce risks of data loss and reinfection
- Build a stronger, holistic cybersecurity program that reduces your risk of getting hacked
This guide offers immediate value to everyone involved in prevention, response, planning, or policy: CIOs, CISOs, incident responders, investigators, negotiators, executives, legislators, regulators, law enforcement professionals, and others.