Python for Security and Networking, Third Edition
- Paperback: 586 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 7, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1837637555
- ISBN-13: 978-1837637553
Python for Security and Networking, 3rd Edition: Gain a firm, practical understanding of securing your network and utilize Python’s packages to detect vulnerabilities in your application
Python’s latest updates add numerous libraries that can be used to perform critical security-related missions, including detecting vulnerabilities in web applications, taking care of attacks, and helping to build secure and robust networks that are resilient to them. This fully updated Python for Security and Networking, Third Edition will show you how to make the most of them and improve your security posture.
The first part of this book will walk you through Python scripts and libraries that you’ll use throughout the book. Next, you’ll dive deep into the core networking tasks where you will learn how to check a network’s vulnerability using Python security scripting and understand how to check for vulnerabilities in your network including tasks related to packet sniffing. You’ll also learn how to achieve endpoint protection by leveraging Python packages along with writing forensics scripts.
The next part of the book will show you a variety of modern techniques, libraries, and frameworks from the Python ecosystem that will help you extract data from servers and analyze the security in web applications. You’ll take your first steps in extracting data from a domain using OSINT tools and using Python tools to perform forensics tasks.
- Program your own tools in Python that can be used in a Network Security process
- Automate tasks of analysis and extraction of information from servers
- Detect server vulnerabilities and analyze security in web applications
- Automate security and pentesting tasks by creating scripts with Python
- Utilize the ssh-audit tool to check the security in SSH servers
- Explore WriteHat as a pentesting reports tool written in Python
- Automate the process of detecting vulnerabilities in applications with tools like Fuxploider
By the end of this Python for Security and Networking, 3rd Edition book, you will be able to make the most of Python to test the security of your network and applications.