Puppet 8 for DevOps Engineers
- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 28, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 180323170X
- ISBN-13: 978-1803231709
Puppet 8 for DevOps Engineers: Harness the power of this popular declarative configuration management tool to automate your infrastructure configuration
As DevOps and platform engineering drive the demand for robust internal development platforms, the need for infrastructure configuration tools has never been greater. Puppet, a powerful configuration management tool, is widely used by leading enterprises and boasts a thriving open source community.
This book provides a comprehensive explanation of both the Puppet language and the platform. It begins by helping you grasp the basic concepts and approach of Puppet as a stateful language, and then builds up to explaining how to structure Puppet code to scale and allow flexibility and collaboration among teams. As you advance, you’ll find out how the Puppet platform allows the management and reporting of infrastructure configuration. The book also shows you how the platform can be integrated with other tooling, such as ServiceNow and Splunk. The concluding chapters help you implement Puppet to fit in heavily regulated and audited environments as well as modern hybrid cloud environments.
- Find out how to structure Puppet code and data to scale and be secure
- Discover the core components of the Puppet platform and how to achieve performance
- Get to grips with classifying infrastructure and deploying code for different environments
- Understand how Bolt can provide procedural orchestration alongside Puppet code
- Use Puppet’s integrations and Forge modules that allow Puppet to integrate with other systems
- Adopt approaches to adoption to ensure your Puppet implementation will succeed in regulated environments, the cloud, and with change control
By the end of this Puppet 8 for DevOps Engineers book, you’ll have gained a solid understanding of the capabilities of both the Puppet language and platform, and you will have learned how to structure and scale Puppet to create a platform to provide enterprise-grade infrastructure configuration.