Pro T-SQL 2019
- Paperback: 406 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (February 13, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484255895
- ISBN-13: 978-1484255896
Pro T-SQL 2019: Toward Speed, Scalability, and Standardization for SQL Server Developers
Design and write simple and efficient T-SQL code in SQL Server 2019 and beyond. Writing T-SQL that pulls back correct results can be challenging. This Pro T-SQL 2019 book provides the help you need in writing T-SQL that performs fast and is easy to maintain. You also will learn how to implement version control, testing, and deployment strategies.
What You Will Learn
- Choose correct data types and database objects when designing T-SQL
- Write T-SQL that searches data efficiently and uses hardware effectively
- Implement source control and testing methods to streamline the deployment process
- Design T-SQL that can be enhanced or modified with less effort
- Plan for long-term data management and storage
Hands-on examples show modern T-SQL practices and provide straightforward explanations. Attention is given to selecting the right data types and objects when designing T-SQL solutions. Author Elizabeth Noble teaches you how to improve your T-SQL performance through good design practices that benefit programmers and ultimately the users of the applications. You will know the common pitfalls of writing T-SQL and how to avoid those pitfalls going forward.