Pro Oracle SQL Development, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 658 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (December 27, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484288661
- ISBN-13: 978-1484288665
Pro Oracle SQL Development: Best Practices for Writing Advanced Queries, 2nd Edition
Write SQL statements that are more powerful, simpler, and faster using the advanced features of Oracle SQL. This updated second edition includes the newest advanced features: improved data structures (such as more JSON support and more table options), improved automated processes (such as automatic indexing), and improved SQL language extensions (such as polymorphic table functions, SQL macros, and the multilingual engine).
Pro Oracle SQL Development, 2nd Edition is for anyone who already knows Oracle SQL and is ready to take their skills to the next level. This book provides a clearer way of thinking about SQL by building sets, and it provides practical advice for using complex features while avoiding anti-patterns that lead to poor performance and wrong results. Relevant theories, real-world best practices, and style guidelines help you get the most out of Oracle SQL.
- Solve challenging problems with declarative SQL instead of procedural languages
- Write SQL statements that are large and powerful, but also elegant and fast
- Create development environments that are simple, scalable, and conducive to learning
- Visualize and understand SQL more intuitively
- Apply advanced syntax, objects, and architecture
- Avoid SQL anti-patterns that accumulate technical debt
- Tune SQL statements with multiple strategies that can significantly improve performance
Many developers, testers, analysts, and administrators use Oracle databases frequently, but their queries are limited because they do not take advantage of Oracle’s advanced features. This Pro Oracle SQL Development, 2nd Edition book inspires you to achieve more with your Oracle SQL statements by creating your own style for writing simple, yet powerful, SQL. It teaches you how to think about and solve performance problems in Oracle SQL, and it covers enough advanced topics to put you on the path to becoming an Oracle expert.