Pro Oracle Database 18c Administration, 3rd Edition
- Paperback: 986 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (March 29, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484244230
- ISBN-13: 978-1484244234
Pro Oracle Database 18c Administration: Manage and Safeguard Your Organization’s Data, 3rd Edition
Database administration isn’t about passing a certified exam, or about pointing and clicking your way through a crisis. Database administration is about applying the right solution at the right time, avoiding risk, and making robust choices that get you home each night in time for dinner with your family. This book will help elevate you to the level of Professional Oracle Database Administrator.
This book provides information and techniques for keeping an Oracle database stable and running on-premise, and is fully updated to cover Oracle Database 18c. New in this edition is coverage of cloud administration in the Oracle Public Cloud, automation of tasks using the autonomous database features, and data movement with multi-tenant databases. The book covers everything from architecture of the database engine, securing objects and users, strategies for performing maintenance tasks and resolving performance problems, through to backup and recovery.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand the differences between managing on-premise and cloud deployments
- Take advantage of new features in 18c while also managing older releases
- Manage more databases than ever by automating your environment
- Apply the latest techniques around pluggable databases and containerization
- Safeguard your data through good security and backup/recovery practices
- Troubleshoot common problems
Pro Oracle Database 18c Administration takes a modern approach to database administration. Emphasis is given to automation, which is of growing importance as more databases are being moved into various cloud solutions and database administrators are being required to manage more instances than ever. Focus is given to multi-tenant container architecture and pluggable databases, and the book takes a refreshing, results-oriented approach that helps you get the job done.