Practical Numerical C Programming
- Paperback: 290 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 11, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484261275
- ISBN-13: 978-1484261279
Practical Numerical C Programming: Finance, Engineering, and Physics Applications
Master the C code appropriate for numerical methods and computational modeling, including syntax, loops, subroutines, and files. Then, this hands-on book dives into financial applications using regression models, product moment correlation coefficients, and asset pricing.
Next, Practical Numerical C Programming covers applications for engineering/business such as supermarket stock reordering simulation as well as flight information boards at airports and controlling a power plant. Finally, the book concludes with some physics including building simulation models for energy and pendulum motion. Along the way, you’ll learn center-of-mass calculations, Brownian motion, and more.
What You Will Learn
- Apply regression techniques to find the pattern for depreciation of the value of cars over a period of years
- Work with the product moment correlation coefficient technique to illustrate the accuracy (or otherwise) of regression techniques
- Use the past stock values of an asset to predict what its future values may be using Monte Carlo methods
- Simulate the buying of supermarket stock by shoppers and check the remaining stock: if it is too low print a message to reorder the stock
- Create a file of arrivals for an airport and send data to the airport’s display boards to show the current situation for the incoming flights
- Simulate the patterns of particles moving in gases or solids
After reading and using this book, you’ll come away with pragmatic case studies of actual applications using C code at work. Source code is freely available and includes the latest C20 standard release.