- Paperback: 328 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 25, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484261763
- ISBN-13: 978-1484261767
Practical JAMstack: Blazing Fast, Simple, and Secure Web Development, the Modern Way
Learn what JAMstack is all about, what those three big letters in the front mean and why it’s so beneficial. This Practical JAMstack book shows you how to create sites and apps on the JAMstack using GatsbyJS, a tool made specifically for generating them. As part of that, you’ll learn about React, one of the hottest front-end development tools out there today.
You will build three separate projects, starting with a relatively simple site to get your feet wet, then a more robust and dynamic application to see more advanced topics like API usage and data storage. Finally, you’ll build a game on the JAMstack to get a whole different perspective on how all the pieces can fit together.
What You’ll Learn
- Use React to build a front-end
- Set up a GitHub account and hosting using GitHub Pages
- Host in Netlify (the creators of JAMstack!)
- Understand Netlify functions and FaunaDB for persistent data storage
- Explore GraphQL usage for querying data
- Work with the Phaser game library
JAMstack, a modern take on best practices, is taking the web development world by storm and allowing developers to create web site and apps that are blazingly fast and highly secure. In many ways JAMstack is a throwback to web development of yesteryear, all while providing a simpler development experience that is streamlined by many years of best practices being brought to bear.