- Paperback: 143 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (June 26, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484258045
- ISBN-13: 978-1484258040
Practical hapi: Build Your Own hapi Apps and Learn from Industry Case Studies
Understand the core concepts of hapi and learn to build RESTful APIs that are quick, useful, and productive. Created by the mobile team at Walmart Labs, hapi is a light Node.js framework that is perfect for building API servers, websites, and HTTP proxy applications.
With this quick guide, you’ll learn the basics of hapi and use those skills to build an application and a REST API with MySQL. You’ll then wrap up with a Capstone project of industry relevance, understanding solution design, and how hapi fits into industry relevant projects for data driven apps.
What You’ll Learn
- Utilize the power of RESTful APIs and Node.js
- Build your first hapi application based on its core concepts
- Work with promises and asynchronous programming effectively
- Use Sequelize for database connectivity
Used by companies such as PayPal and Mozilla, hapi is a key framework for anyone serious about enterprise web development. Practical hapi will ensure you focus your time on critical project tasks instead of building infrastructure.