Practical Data Science with Python
- Paperback: 620 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 30, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801071977
- ISBN-13: 978-1801071970
Practical Data Science with Python: Learn to effectively manage data and execute data science projects from start to finish using Python
Practical Data Science with Python teaches you core data science concepts, with real-world and realistic examples, and strengthens your grip on the basic as well as advanced principles of data preparation and storage, statistics, probability theory, machine learning, and Python programming, helping you build a solid foundation to gain proficiency in data science.
The book starts with an overview of basic Python skills and then introduces foundational data science techniques, followed by a thorough explanation of the Python code needed to execute the techniques. You’ll understand the code by working through the examples. The code has been broken down into small chunks (a few lines or a function at a time) to enable thorough discussion.
As you progress, you will learn how to perform data analysis while exploring the functionalities of key data science Python packages, including pandas, SciPy, and scikit-learn. Finally, the book covers ethics and privacy concerns in data science and suggests resources for improving data science skills, as well as ways to stay up to date on new data science developments.
- Use Python data science packages effectively
- Clean and prepare data for data science work, including feature engineering and feature selection
- Data modeling, including classic statistical models (such as t-tests), and essential machine learning algorithms, such as random forests and boosted models
- Evaluate model performance
- Compare and understand different machine learning methods
- Interact with Excel spreadsheets through Python
- Create automated data science reports through Python
- Get to grips with text analytics techniques
By the end of the Practical Data Science with Python book, you should be able to comfortably use Python for basic data science projects and should have the skills to execute the data science process on any data source.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Goat Milk Soap, Silk Protein Skin Repair Soap Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]