Oracle Siebel CRM 8 Installation and Management
- Paperback: 572 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 3, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781849680561
- ISBN-13: 978-1849680561
Install, configure, and manage a robust Customer Relationship Management system using Siebel CRM
- Install and configure the Siebel CRM server and client software on Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Support development environments and migrate configurations with Application Deployment Manager
- Understand data security and manage user accounts with LDAP
- Manage multi-server and multi-language environments
- Written in an accessible readable style, this practical book will help you to successfully install and manage Siebel CRM
- The instructions in the book are valid for all versions 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2 alike
Oracle’s Siebel CRM is market-leading Customer Relationship Management software. Unmatched in functionality and scalability, Siebel enhances a company’s sales performance, improves customer satisfaction, and provides a robust Customer Relationship Management system for an organization.
This practical book offers a comprehensive understanding of Siebel CRM. It is your safe vessel for navigating the deep waters of Siebel installation and system management.
This book is a complete exercise in installing and managing Oracle’s Siebel CRM for your organization. You will understand the Siebel architecture and install it piece by piece. In easy-to-follow chapters, the book will guide you through the installation of Siebel server, client and third-party reporting software on Microsoft Windows and Linux, covering everything from the planning the process and software download to the installation and configuration tasks.
After reading this book, you will feel fully prepared for setting up multiple servers and multi-lingual configurations. This book fosters your general understanding of the intricate features and functionality of Oracle Siebel CRM. In addition, you will learn how to support development environments and how to migrate configuration changes between environments using Application Deployment Manager.
Another benefit of this book is that it teaches administrators how to establish system monitoring strategies to identify and avoid performance bottlenecks. When you have finished the book, you will feel prepared to install and manage Oracle’s Siebel CRM in a real-world environment. In addition, you will know some tricks that even seasoned experts will envy.
A pragmatic guide for effectively and efficiently implementing and managing Oracle’s Siebel CRM.
What you will learn from this book :
- Understand Siebel Web Architecture
- Plan and prepare Siebel CRM infrastructure
- Install and configure Siebel CRM software on Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Install and configure Siebel Charts and Oracle BI Publisher for Siebel
- Implement load balancing and support multi-language environments
- Manage the Siebel servers from the Siebel Web Client and the command line
- Implement LDAP authentication and Web Single-Sign-On
- Understand Siebel Access Control and Personalization
- Manage organizations, positions, and user accounts
- Install the Siebel Management Server infrastructure and use ADM to migrate configuration changes
- Monitor Siebel CRM environments for usage and performance
- Use Siebel Remote to support developers and mobile users
This book provides a practical, hands-on experience. Chapter by chapter, a Siebel CRM self-study environment is created which can be used to follow the examples described in the book to explore the Siebel functionality.
The book ensures that you understand what you are doing and why you are doing it. It contains clear step-by-step instructions, explanatory tables, screenshots, and precise diagrams.
Who this book is written for
This book is for administrators who want to develop and strengthen their Siebel CRM skills in the areas of installation and system management. Whether you are a novice or a more experienced user, this book will teach you something new in many ways and by the end of the book, you will be ready to install and manage Siebel CRM in a real-world environment.
[download id=”64″ format=”1″]