- Paperback: 300 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 24, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849517843
- ISBN-13: 978-1849517843
- Understand the main concepts about maps, layers, controls, protocols, events etc
- Learn about the important tile providers and WMS servers
- Packed with code examples and screenshots for practical, easy learning
OpenLayers Cookbook includes problem solving and how-to recipes for the most common and important tasks. A wide range of topics are covered.
The range of recipes includes: creating basic maps, working with raster and vector layers, understanding events and working with main controls, reading features from different data sources, styling features, and understanding the underlying architecture.
OpenLayers Cookbook describes solutions and optimizations to problems commonly found.
What you will learn from this book
- Create maps, understand projection and other important properties
- Add raster and vector layers
- Work with important tile providers
- Work with OGCs WMS and WFS compliant servers
- Read/write features from/to different data sources
- Style features to improve their visualization
- Understand events and work with the main controls
This cookbook follows a problem-solution approach to doing important tasks and is packed with examples accompanied by the necessary code and screenshots.
Who this book is for
If you are a GIS-related professional with some basic knowledge of web technologies and want to start or gain in-depth knowledge of creating web mapping applications, this book is written for you