Open Source Projects – Beyond Code
- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 21, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1837636885
- ISBN-13: 978-1837636884
Open Source Projects – Beyond Code: Accelerate your career and make an impact by launching and running a successful open source project
Open source is ubiquitous in our society, with countless existing projects, and new ones emerging every day. It follows a “scratch-your-own-itch” model where contributors and maintainers drive the project forward. Through Open Source Projects – Beyond Code, you’ll learn what it takes to develop a successful, scalable, and sustainable open source project.
In this book, you’ll explore the full life cycle of open source projects, from inception, through launch, to maturity, and then discover how to sunset an open source project responsibly. Along the way, you’ll learn the concepts of licensing, governance, community building, ecosystem management, and growing maintainers and contributors, as well as understand how other open source projects have been successful or might have struggled in some areas. You can use this book as an end-to-end guide or reference material for the future.
- Explore what is open source and how you can use it to accelerate your career
- Start an open source project while exploring its key considerations
- Grow, support, and manage a vast community of developers and users
- Build and maintain a mature and sustainable project
- Enable mass users and developers to downstream productization and outreach
- Use open source as a portfolio to build your career
- Understand when to end a project and conduct it responsibly
By the end of this Open Source Projects – Beyond Code book, you’ll be able to accelerate your career in open source. Your newly acquired skills will help you stay ahead of the curve even with the ever-evolving nature of technology.