Node.js Web Development – Fifth Edition
- Paperback: 760 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 31, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838987576
- ISBN-13: 978-1838987572
Node.js Web Development, 5th Edition: Build scalable web applications using Node.js, Express.js, and the latest ECMAScript techniques, along with deploying applications with AWS and Docker with this updated fifth edition
Node.js is the leading choice of server-side web development platform, enabling developers to use the same tools and paradigms for both server-side and client-side software. This updated Node.js Web Development, Fifth Edition focuses on the new features of Node.js 14, Express 4.x, and ECMAScript, taking you through modern concepts, techniques, and best practices for using Node.js.
The book starts by helping you get to grips with the concepts of building server-side web apps with Node.js. You’ll learn how to develop a complete Node.js web app, with a backend database tier to help you explore several databases. You’ll deploy the app to real web servers, including a cloud hosting platform built on AWS EC2 using Terraform and Docker Swarm, while integrating other tools such as Redis and NGINX. As you advance, you’ll learn about unit and functional testing, along with deploying test infrastructure using Docker. Finally, you’ll discover how to harden Node.js app security, use Let’s Encrypt to provision the HTTPS service, and implement several forms of app security with the help of expert practices. With each chapter, the book will help you put your knowledge into practice throughout the entire life cycle of developing a web app.
- Install and use Node.js 14 and Express 4.17 for both web development and deployment
- Implement RESTful web services using the Restify framework
- Develop, test, and deploy microservices using Docker, Docker Swarm, and Node.js, on AWS EC2 using Terraform
- Get up to speed with using data storage engines such as MySQL, SQLite3, and MongoDB
- Test your web applications using unit testing with Mocha, and headless browser testing with Puppeteer
- Implement HTTPS using Let’s Encrypt and enhance application security with Helmet
By the end of this Node.js Web Development, 5th Edition book, you’ll have gained practical Node.js web development knowledge and be able to build and deploy your own apps on a public web hosting solution.