Network Protocols for Security Professionals
- Paperback: 580 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 26, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789953480
- ISBN-13: 978-1789953480
Network Protocols for Security Professionals: Get to grips with network-based attacks and learn to defend your organization’s network and network devices
With the increased demand for computer systems and the ever-evolving internet, network security now plays an even bigger role in securing IT infrastructures against attacks. Equipped with the knowledge of how to find vulnerabilities and infiltrate organizations through their networks, you’ll be able to think like a hacker and safeguard your organization’s network and networking devices. Network Protocols for Security Professionals will show you how.
This comprehensive guide gradually increases in complexity, taking you from the basics to advanced concepts. Starting with the structure of data network protocols, devices, and breaches, you’ll become familiar with attacking tools and scripts that take advantage of these breaches. Once you’ve covered the basics, you’ll learn about attacks that target networks and network devices. Your learning journey will get more exciting as you perform eavesdropping, learn data analysis, and use behavior analysis for network forensics. As you progress, you’ll develop a thorough understanding of network protocols and how to use methods and tools you learned in the previous parts to attack and protect these protocols.
- Understand security breaches, weaknesses, and protection techniques
- Attack and defend wired as well as wireless networks
- Discover how to attack and defend LAN-, IP-, and TCP/UDP-based vulnerabilities
- Focus on encryption, authorization, and authentication principles
- Gain insights into implementing security protocols the right way
- Use tools and scripts to perform attacks on network devices
- Wield Python, PyShark, and other scripting tools for packet analysis
- Identify attacks on web servers to secure web and email services
By the end of this Network Protocols for Security Professionals book, you’ll be well versed in network protocol security and security countermeasures to protect network protocols.