Natural Language Understanding with Python
- Paperback: 326 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 30, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804613428
- ISBN-13: 978-1804613429
Natural Language Understanding with Python: Build advanced Natural Language Understanding Systems by acquiring data and selecting appropriate technology
Natural language understanding (NLU) organizes and structures, language allowing computer systems to effectively process textual information for many different practical applications. Natural Language Understanding with Python will help you explore practical techniques that make use of NLU to build a wide variety of creative and useful applications.
Complete with step-by-step explanations of essential concepts and practical examples, this book begins by teaching you about NLU and its applications. You’ll then explore a wide range of current NLU techniques and their most appropriate use-case. In the process, you’ll be introduced to the most useful Python NLU libraries. Not only will you learn the basics of NLU, you’ll also be introduced to practical issues such as acquiring data, evaluating systems, and deploying NLU applications, along with their solutions. This book is a comprehensive guide that will help you explore the full spectrum of essential NLU techniques and resources.
- The most important skill that readers will acquire is not just HOW to apply natural language techniques, but WHY to select particular techniques
- The book will also cover important practical considerations concerning acquiring real data and evaluating real system performance, not just performing textbook evaluations with pre-existing corpora
- After reading this book and studying the code, readers will be equipped to build state of the art as well as practical natural language applications to solve real problems
- How to develop and fine-tune an NLP application
- Maintaining NLP applications after deployment
By the end of this Natural Language Understanding with Python book, you will be familiar with the foundational concepts of NLU, deep learning, and large language models (LLMs). You will be well on your way to having the skills to independently apply NLU technology in your own academic and practical applications.