Migrating ASP.NET Microservices to ASP.NET Core
- Paperback: 149 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (September 16, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484243269
- ISBN-13: 978-1484243268
Migrating ASP.NET Microservices to ASP.NET Core: By Example
Migrate your existing microservice cluster from ASP.NET to ASP.NET Core. While improved performance and cross-platform support are evident, this book helps you cut through the noise to determine how, when, and to what extent a migration is needed.
Microsoft’s introduction of .NET Core has created a lot of excitement, but also a lot of confusion for developers accustomed to ASP applications and services. This Migrating ASP.NET Microservices to ASP.NET Core book gives you specific steps to embark on a partial or full SaaS microservices system migration, factoring in limited resources, time, and finances. In addition to practical advice and real-world examples, many mishaps will be shared, providing you with a complete 360-degree view of a migration.
What You’ll Learn
- Conduct an in-depth, pre-migration analysis of your system
- Know the differences between ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core
- Plan for and execute a full or partial migration to ASP.NET Core
- Understand the continuous integration and deployment process
- Gain insight on tools and templates that will accelerate and facilitate the migration process
- Leverage a real-world migration example, complete with genuine challenges
- Migrate specific components such as logging, authentication, data access, and more
As a developer intimately familiar with the migration process, author Iris Classon shares prescriptive guidance on every part of the system-from code, dependencies, editors, integration, and the deployment pipeline to a distribution model. You will come away with all the information you need to plan and prepare your migration to ASP.NET Core.