Microsoft Data Protection Manager 2010
- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 27, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 184968202X
- ISBN-13: 978-1849682022
A practical step-by-step guide to planning deployment, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Data Protection Manager 2010
- A step-by-step guide to backing up your business data using Microsoft Data Protection Manager 2010 in this practical book and eBook
- Discover how to back up and restore Microsoft applications that are critical in many of today’s businesses
- Understand the various components and features of Data Protection Manager 2010
- Gain valuable insight into using Data Protection Manager through the author’s real world experience
Microsoft Data Protection Manager (DPM) 2010 is a backup and recovery solution that provides continuous data protection of the Windows environment and file servers to seamlessly integrated disk, tape, and cloud storage.
This practical, step-by-step tutorial will show you how to effectively back up your business data using Microsoft Data Protection Manager 2010 and how to plan, deploy, install, configure, and troubleshoot Microsoft Data Protection Manager 2010 as a standalone product. The book focuses on Microsoft best practices as well as the author’s own real-world experience with Data Protection Manager.
The book starts by providing an overview of DPM and the relevant planning that is required for your backup needs, before moving on to installing DPM. Then it dives deep into topics such as DPM Administrator console and Task Areas, configuring DPM to function, configuring DPM backup on servers, backing up critical applications, recovery options, and DPM offsite backup and recovery, amongst others.
A practical guide to using Data Protection Manager 2010 as your backup and recovery solution.
What you will learn from this book :
- Learn how to develop a backup solution strategy
- Install, configure, and administer Data Protection Manager 2010 effectively
- Learn how to back up and perform bare metal recovery of Windows servers using Data Protection Manager
- Discover how to back up and restore critical Microsoft applications such as SharePoint, SQL, Hyper-V, Exchange, and ISA 2006
- Understand what is available for Data Protection Manager Offsite, cloud backup, and recovery options as well as how to configure them
- Master PowerShell to perform tasks with Data Protection Manager
- Troubleshoot common Data Protection Manager Problems
- Configure and use SQL service self-recovery
- Learn how to configure and use client protection in Data Protection Manager
- Protect clients and servers in untrusted domains or in workgroups
This book is a practical, step-by-step tutorial to planning deployment, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Data Protection Manager 2010. It will take you through all the steps required to use DPM to effectively back up your business data.
Who this book is written for
If you are a Network Administrator, System Administrator, Backup Administrator, Storage Administrator or IT consultant who wants to effectively back up your business data using Microsoft Data Protection Manager 2010, then this book is for you.
A good understanding of operating systems and backup devices and network administration is required. However, prior knowledge of Data Protection Manager is not necessary.
[download id=”152″ format=”1″]