Microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud – Second Edition
- Paperback: 774 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (August 10, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801072973
- ISBN-13: 978-1801072977
Microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud, 2nd Edition: A step-by-step guide to creating and deploying production-quality microservices-based applications
With this book, you’ll learn how to efficiently build and deploy microservices. This new Microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud, Second Edition has been updated for the most recent versions of Spring, Java, Kubernetes, and Istio, demonstrating faster and simpler handling of Spring Boot, local Kubernetes clusters, and Istio installation. The expanded scope includes native compilation of Spring-based microservices, support for Windows & Mac, and an introduction to Helm 3 for packaging and deployment. A revamped security chapter now follows the OAuth 2.1 specification and makes use of the newly launched Spring Authorization Server from the Spring team.
Starting with a set of simple cooperating microservices, you’ll add persistence and resilience, make your microservices reactive, and document their APIs using Swagger/OpenAPI.
You’ll understand how fundamental design patterns are applied to add important functionality, such as service discovery with Netflix Eureka and edge servers with Spring Cloud Gateway. You’ll learn how to deploy your microservices using Kubernetes and adopt Istio. You’ll explore centralized log management using the Elasticsearch, Fluentd, and Kibana (EFK) stack and monitor microservices using Prometheus and Grafana.
- Build reactive microservices using Spring Boot
- Develop resilient and scalable microservices using Spring Cloud
- Use OAuth 2.1/OIDC and Spring Security to protect public APIs
- Implement Docker to bridge the gap between development, testing, and production
- Deploy and manage microservices with Kubernetes
- Apply Istio for improved security, observability, and traffic management
- Write and run manual and automated microservice tests with JUnit, testcontainers, Gradle, and bash
By the end of this Microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud, 2nd Edition book, you’ll be confident in building microservices that are scalable and robust using Spring Boot and Spring Cloud.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Diamond Microcurrent V Facial Massager Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]