- Paperback: 452 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 21, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838649956
- ISBN-13: 978-1838649951
MicroPython Cookbook: Build practical solutions to control LEDs, make music and read sensor data using popular microcontrollers such as Adafruit Circuit Playground, ESP8266, and the BBC Micro Bit
MicroPython is an open source implementation of Python 3 that runs in embedded environments. With MicroPython, you can write clean and simple Python code to control hardware instead of using complex low-level languages such as C and C++. This book guides you through all the major applications of the MicroPython platform to build and program projects that use microcontrollers.
The MicroPython book covers recipes that will help you experiment with the programming environment and hardware programmed in MicroPython. You’ll find tips and techniques for building a variety of objects and prototypes that can sense and respond to touch, sound, position, heat, and light. This book will take you through the uses of MicroPython with a variety of popular input devices and sensors. You’ll learn techniques to handle time delays and sensor readings, and apply advanced coding techniques to create complex projects. As you advance, you’ll deal with Internet of Things (IoT) devices and integration with other online web services. Furthermore, you’ll also use MicroPython to make music with bananas and create portable multiplayer video games that incorporate sound and light animations into the gameplay.
- Execute code without any need for compiling or uploading using REPL (read-evaluate-print-loop)
- Program and control LED matrix and NeoPixel drivers to display patterns and colors
- Build projects that make use of light, temperature, and touch sensors
- Configure devices to create Wi-Fi access points and use network modules to scan and connect to existing networks
- Use Pulse Width Modulation to control DC motors and servos
- Build an IoT device to display live weather data from the internet at the touch of a button
By the end of the MicroPython Cookbook, you’ll have mastered the tips and tricks to troubleshoot your development problems and push your MicroPython project to the next level!