Mastering Windows Server 2022, Fourth Edition
- Paperback: 720 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 26, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1837634505
- ISBN-13: 978-1837634507
Mastering Windows Server 2022, 4th Edition: The complete guide for system administrators to install, manage, secure, and squeeze return on investment from their Windows Server 2022 infrastructure
Written by a 10-time Microsoft MVP award winner with over 20 years of IT experience, Mastering Windows Server 2022, Fourth Edition is a hands-on guide to administer any Windows Server environment. Whether new to the server world or working to keep your existing skills sharp, this book aims to be referenced on a regular basis instead of gathering dust on your shelf.
Updated with Server 2022 content, this book covers a wide variety of information pertaining to your role as a server administrator. We will expand upon versions and licensing models for this OS, and explore the ‘single pane of glass’ administration methodology by utilizing tools like Server Manager, PowerShell, and even Windows Admin Center. This book is primarily focused on Windows Server 2022 LTSC version, but follow along as we discuss the latest news for SAC server releases as this impacts Containers, Nano Server, and general OS release cadence.
- Build a Windows Server from the ground up and implement your own PKI
- Manage your servers with Server Manager, PowerShell, and Windows Admin Center
- Secure your network and data with modern technologies in Windows Server 2022
- Understand containers and where Nano Server fits into the equation
- Discover new ways to integrate your datacenter with Microsoft Azure
- Virtualize your datacenter with Hyper-V
- Round out your understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy
- Deploy Remote Desktop Services in your environment
This Mastering Windows Server 2022, 4th Edition book covers a range of remote access technologies, and even teaches management of PKI and certificates. You will be empowered to virtualize your datacenter with Hyper-V, and deploy your own Remote Desktop Services “farm”. Learn about Server Core, built-in redundancy, and explore troubleshooting skills. All this on top of chapters about core infrastructure technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.