Mastering Spring 5 – Second Edition
- Paperback: 598 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 12, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789615690
- ISBN-13: 978-1789615692
Mastering Spring 5, 2nd Edition: Build scalable and flexible Rest APIs and microservices using the latest versions of Spring and Spring Boot
Spring 5.1 is the latest release of the widely used Spring Framework. This book takes you through the evolution of building enterprise-ready applications with Spring and Spring Boot.
Mastering Spring 5, Second Edition starts with an overview of some of the important Spring Framework features relating to aspect-oriented programming, task scheduling, and scripting with the help of practical examples. You’ll learn about the standard dependency injection specification for Java contexts and CDI and how the Spring Framework supports it. You’ll gain an understanding of how application architectures have evolved from monoliths to microservices and be able to build your own microservices using Spring Boot. Complete with real-world examples, this book will help you gain powerful insights into Spring Boot 2.1 and learn how to develop cloud-native microservices with Spring Cloud. You’ll even explore how to secure a REST API with Spring Security and get started with your first full stack application using React. Furthermore, you’ll get to grips with Kotlin fundamentals and build a Kotlin project in Eclipse.
- Explore Spring Framework 5.1 features such as AOP, transaction management, task scheduling, and scripting
- Build REST APIs and microservices with Spring and Spring Boot
- Develop a secure REST API with Spring Security
- Build your first full stack React application
- Write efficient unit tests with Spring and Spring Boot
- Understand the advanced features that Spring Boot offers for developing and monitoring applications
- Use Spring Cloud to deploy and manage applications on the cloud
By the end of this book, you’ll be equipped with all the knowledge required to develop microservices and full stack applications with the Spring Framework.