Mastering Qt 5 – Second Edition
- Paperback: 534 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd Revised edition (August 27, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1788995392
- ISBN-13: 978-1788995399
Mastering Qt 5, 2nd Edition: An In-depth guide updated with the latest version of Qt 5.11 including new features such as Quick Controls and Qt Gamepad
Qt 5.11 is an app development framework that provides a great user experience and develops full capability applications with Qt Widgets, QML, and even Qt 3D. Whether you’re building GUI prototypes or fully-fledged cross-platform GUI applications with a native look and feel, Mastering Qt 5 is your fastest, easiest, and most powerful solution. This book addresses various challenges and teaches you to successfully develop cross-platform applications using the Qt framework, with the help of well-organized projects.
Working through this book, you will gain a better understanding of the Qt framework, as well as the tools required to resolve serious issues, such as linking, debugging, and multithreading. You’ll start off your journey by discovering the new Qt 5.11 features, soon followed by exploring different platforms and learning to tame them. In addition to this, you’ll interact with a gamepad using Qt Gamepad. Each chapter is a logical step for you to complete in order to master Qt.
- Create stunning UIs with Qt Widgets and Qt Quick 2
- Develop powerful, cross-platform applications with the Qt framework
- Design GUIs with the Qt Designer and build a library in it for UI previews
- Handle user interaction with the Qt signal or slot mechanism in C++
- Prepare a cross-platform project to host a third-party library
- Use the Qt Animation framework to display stunning effects
- Deploy mobile apps with Qt and embedded platforms
- Interact with a gamepad using Qt Gamepad
By the end of this Mastering Qt 5, Second Edition book, you’ll have created an application that has been tested and is ready to be shipped.