Mastering Python for Networking and Security – Second Edition
- Paperback: 538 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 4, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1839217162
- ISBN-13: 978-1839217166
Mastering Python for Networking and Security, 2nd Edition: Tackle security and networking issues using Python libraries such as Nmap, requests, asyncio, and scapy
It’s now more apparent than ever that security is a critical aspect of IT infrastructure, and that devastating data breaches can occur from simple network line hacks. As shown in this Mastering Python for Networking and Security, Second Edition book, combining the latest version of Python with an increased focus on network security can help you to level up your defenses against cyber attacks and cyber threats.
Python is being used for increasingly advanced tasks, with the latest update introducing new libraries and packages featured in the Python 3.7.4 recommended version. Moreover, most scripts are compatible with the latest versions of Python and can also be executed in a virtual environment.
This book will guide you through using these updated packages to build a secure network with the help of Python scripting. You’ll cover a range of topics, from building a network to the procedures you need to follow to secure it. Starting by exploring different packages and libraries, you’ll learn about various ways to build a network and connect with the Tor network through Python scripting. You will also learn how to assess a network’s vulnerabilities using Python security scripting. Later, you’ll learn how to achieve endpoint protection by leveraging Python packages, along with writing forensic scripts.
- Create scripts in Python to automate security and pentesting tasks
- Explore Python programming tools that are used in network security processes
- Automate tasks such as analyzing and extracting information from servers
- Understand how to detect server vulnerabilities and analyze security modules
- Discover ways to connect to and get information from the Tor network
- Focus on how to extract information with Python forensics tools
By the end of this Mastering Python for Networking and Security, 2nd Edition book, you’ll be able to use Python to build secure apps using cryptography and steganography techniques.