Mastering PostgreSQL 12 – Third Edition
- Paperback: 470 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 29, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838988823
- ISBN-13: 978-1838988821
Mastering PostgreSQL 12, 3rd Edition: Master the capabilities of PostgreSQL 12 such as advanced indexing, high availability, database configuration, database monitoring, and more to efficiently manage and maintain your database
Thanks to its reliability, robustness, and high performance, PostgreSQL has become the most advanced open source database on the market. This third edition of Mastering PostgreSQL helps you build dynamic database solutions for enterprise applications using the latest release of PostgreSQL, which enables database analysts to design both physical and technical aspects of system architecture with ease.
Starting with an introduction to the newly released features in PostgreSQL 12, this book will help you build efficient and fault-tolerant PostgreSQL applications. You’ll thoroughly examine the advanced features of PostgreSQL, including logical replication, database clusters, performance tuning, monitoring, and user management. You’ll also work with the PostgreSQL optimizer, configure PostgreSQL for high speed, and understand how to move from Oracle to PostgreSQL. As you progress through the chapters, you’ll cover transactions, locking, indexes, and how to optimize queries for improved performance. Additionally, you’ll learn how to manage network security and explore backups and replications while understanding useful PostgreSQL extensions to help you in optimizing the performance of large databases.
- Understand the advanced SQL functions in PostgreSQL 12
- Use indexing features in PostgreSQL to fine-tune the performance of queries
- Work with stored procedures and manage backup and recovery
- Master replication and failover techniques to reduce data loss
- Replicate PostgreSQL database systems to create backups and to scale your database
- Manage and improve the security of your server to protect your data
- Troubleshoot your PostgreSQL instance for solutions to common and not-so-common problems
By the end of this Mastering PostgreSQL 12, Third Edition book, you’ll be able to get the most out of your database by implementing advanced administrative tasks effortlessly.